On 25 May 2018 the new General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) will come into operation. This is the first major review of data protection laws for 20 years and will seriously impact how many organisations communicate with their audiences.
For transparency and to be able to answer the following questions :
- Why do you want my data?
- What are you going to be doing with my data?
The Arts Society Headquarters in London have prepared this information for societies to inform their members and answer the above questions:
- Members’ details will be processed fairly and lawfully in order to satisfy the agreement entered with you on your admittance to membership. This will ensure that you receive the latest news and information about all upcoming events.
- Members’ details will be passed to “The Arts Society” to enable inclusion on the mailing of the quarterly magazine and other communications including information about any upcoming national events or items of legitimate interest
- Members’ details may be passed to “The Arts Society Area”, or other affiliated societies for the purposes of disseminating relevant information of legitimate interest
- Your details will be kept safely and securely and you have the ability to opt out of our communications at any time.